These listings are intended as examples and to generate ideas and conversations. I never lead the same workshop twice. Each presentation is tailored to the audience. Many topics can be combined with each other. Some are especially compatible and complementary.
Content varies between topics, but so will other details. For example, when leading in Australia, I found local images and examples, and investigated relevant precedents. I had my presentation and materials translated into French in Nice and into Spanish (including graphics) in Spain. When speaking to a spiritual audience, I tell different stories than when I am speaking to a business-oriented group. I really try to match the presentation to the needs and culture of the audience.
I provide most of these on a one-one basis, in addition to group workshops.
Click on the specific topic or explore several of them:
Other Topics & Building Blocks
I’m a life-long learner who loves to teach. There are many more topics I can teach. For example, I have taught ADR at South College and have been a Mediator for more than 20 years. I’ve introduced Meditation to Lawyers, including the Legal Aid Managers in South Africa. There are many others who focus their work on those topics and may be better choices for trainings. I can make such recommendations. But, if you’re looking for a good overview of the movement, I can introduce a cornucopia of topics. I do incorporate the ideas into my longer programs and they are a foundation for my shorter talks.
- Mediation Skills
- Introduction to Mindfulness Meditation and why it helps lawyers
- Beyond Mindfulness: What to do when we wake up
- The Crisis in the Legal Profession and the Emerging Answers
- Leadership for Lawyers
- Emotional Intelligence: Compassion, Empathy, and Love
- Being Courageous, Going for It
- Tools for Problem-Solving (What to do when the going gets tough)
- Humanizing Legal Education
- Sharing Law
- Earth Jurisprudence
- Problem-Solving Courts
- Plain Language Drafting
- Legal Visuals: Illustrating Legal Documents
- Nonviolent Communication and Powerful Non-defensive Communication
- Coach Training for Lawyers (I’ve been a coach since 1991.)